There are many online sellers who still haven’t realized the importance of using tracking numbers to monitor their parcels during international shipping. Mailing a parcel without a tracking number is like sending a kid to school without a backpack. It is also a great idea to use some delivery service that provides additional insurance for your parcel delivered outside your country. For example, China Post tracking might be used for easier shipping and parcel tracking.
One of the disadvantages of international shipping is that sometimes parcels are lost and don’t get delivered to their destinations. There are some guarantees you can take to avoid losing mail while shipping it overseas.
When shipping parcels internationally it is important to ensure its safely being delivered. Here are a few tips on how you can make sure that your parcel arrives in the same condition as when it left.
What is A Parcel?
A parcel (also called package or mail) is a shipment of goods sent between two places by post. Sending a parcel is an integral part of modern shipping, and is also commonly used for courier work. Parcels are usually transported by air, sea, or surface mail. Parcel services may be considered as express shipping, depending on the value and urgency of the items shipped.
How to Ensure the Safety of Your Parcel
In the event that you will be performing international shopping and need to send items overseas, you might as well make sure it will reach the other party safe and sound. There are a lot of instances wherein parcels were delivered but they arrive in bad shape making them of limited use. It is imperative to consider certain things before the actual delivery of your parcel.
- For the majority of shipping carriers around the world, it is necessary to collect insurance on all inbound and outbound air shipments against damage or loss during transit.
- Choosing the right company will be one of the biggest challenges. Use a company that knows its way around shipping and has a reputation in the industry.
- Sometimes the methods would vary from country to country and you will need to do your research beforehand, find out which method is most efficient in terms of cost, ease of procedure, and track-ability of the parcel.
- Marking a package as ‘fragile’ or “handle with care” and making it clear enough and possible enough to see is also essential. Especially if the package is breakable.
- Marking a package as ‘fragile’ is clearly not enough. If a shipping company thinks that the ‘fragile’ label can be ignored sometimes at customs. A better check is to ensure that you are tracking your parcel as well.
The above tips will help you ensure that your parcel will be delivered safely and without any problems.
The ability to track your parcel is a modern convenience for package delivery. With the advent of technology, it’s a lot easier to get instant information about where the item you ordered is coming from and where it’s heading-to click to track your parcel online or via mobile.